Saturday 21 August 2010

From Tilly. . . . .

Another week in Lincoln - done and dusted (this apprenticeship is going too fast for my liking). Had Monday off this week as the dancers went to London to have their photo shoot for the marketing pictures with Nuno Santos, its amazing what you can do with a black backdrop and a watering can! Yesterday the dancers did their work in progress performance at the Terry O'Toole Theatre, it went really well, there was a fairly good turn-out, so hopefully they'll be some good feedback from it before we all head to Derby next week.

This week has been exciting for me because I got to stand in for the dead body on a few occasions when the dancers needed a body to focus on or manipulate. This was really fun and I have to agree with Carl, its strangely relaxing-Odd!!

Apart from being a dead body and helping Katie out throughout the day, during the warm-up sessions in the morning I have also been a lizard, duck and even an adolescent camel, one of the many things we get up to. But please don't let that put you off if you're planning on coming to these sessions next week in Derby.

Overall, another week that I've thoroughly enjoyed. It's been so interesting to watch how Katie works and see the dance progress over the last 4 weeks, I've definitely been learning so much through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment